Recipe - Turkey and Sweetcorn Burgers
- 285g canned sweetcorn
- 100g stale white bread
- 500g minced turkey breast
- 1 egg
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- Sunflower oil for frying
- Burger buns or rolls to accompany with lettuce and cucumber and sweet chilli sauce
- In a bowl, cover the bread with water and leave to soak for about a minute, then squeeze well and crumble into a large bowl. Or use fresh breadcrumbs.
- Add the sweetcorn, turkey mince, egg, spring onions, ground cumin, garlic and seasoning. Use your hands to squeeze the mixture together.
- Shape the mince into burger or small meatballs about the size of a golf ball.
- Heat a heavy frying pan with sunflower oil and cook the burgers or meatballs in batches, turning them round in the pan until they are golden brown, drain and transfer to a warm oven 200°C (400°F) mark 6 and cook for a further 5 minutes or until cooked.
- To freeze: Lay the burgers or meat balls on a flat baking sheet and put into the freezer until frozen. Pack into a plastic container, label and freeze. To use: Heat a heavy frying pan with sunflower oil and cook the burgers or meatballs in batches from frozen, turning them round in the pan until they are golden brown, drain and transfer to a warm oven 200°C (400°F) mark 6 and cook for a further 5 - 10 minutes or until cooked. To serve: Burger buns or rolls, accompanied with lettuce, cucumber and sweet chilli sauce.
- Enjoy -