Recipe - Christmas Pie
- Puff pastry
- Milk to brush the top!
- 600g cooked leftover Turkey
- 2 shallots
- 150g bacon (lardons)
- 50g cooked cranberries (or cranberry sauce)
- 100g of chopped cooked chestnuts
- 2 roughly chopped carrots (use any leftover carrots form you Christmas dinner)
- 500ml of leftover gravy
- 4tsp of thyme
- In a pan, fry off the bacon until browned and caramelised.
- Add the shallots and sweat.
- Add the gravy and let simmer gently for 3-4 mins.
- In a bowl, mix the cooked leftover Christmas turkey, cranberries, chopped chestnuts, cooked leftover carrots, bacon, shallots and gravy.
- Transfer to an oven proof dish, lift the pastry on top of the pie, trim the edges and crimp them with your fingers or a fork. Brush the top with milk and cut a steam hole in the middle.
- Put the dish in a preheated oven (180c) for 45 mins or until the pastry has risen and is golden.
- Enjoy -