Recipe - Bubble cakes
- 400 grams cooked (left over) mash potato
- 40 grams cabbage (savoy works best)
- 60 grams cooked (leftover) gammon/ham
- 2 free range eggs
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Pre heat your oven to 190 degrees.
- Slice your onions and cabbage as finely as possible.
- Place a medium frying pan on your stove top on high with half the vegetable oil. Fry your cabbage and onions together until soft and slightly crispy.
- Roughly chop the gammon into small dices.
- Take a medium bowl and mix the leftover mash, cabbage and onion mix and with the gammon making sure all ingredients are well mixed.
- Split your mix in two and make into cakes the same size as jam jar lids.
- With the back of a spoon make a 1 inch deep well in the tops of the cakes. Brush well with remaining veg oil, place on a lined oven tray and place in the oven for 25 minutes till golden.
- Remove from the oven, now carefully crack the eggs into the wells in the top of the cakes and return to the oven for 4 minutes.
- Eat as soon as you’re able with a large glug of brown sauce
- Enjoy -