Recipe - Savoury French Toast
Two slices of thick-cut bread (if it’s slightly stale, even better!)
A dash of milk
Salt & pepper
A handful of chopped chives
A tablespoon of butter
1. Beat the eggs in a bowl, add a dash of milk and the salt and pepper.
2. Transfer to a shallow dish or plate.
3. Meanwhile, heat a frying pan on a medium to high heat and add the butter.
4. When the butter is starting to brown, add the eggy bread to the pan and fry for a couple of minutes or until the underside turns golden brown. Flip with a spatula and do the same on the other side.
5. Transfer to a serving plate, and while the toast is still hot, grate over some cheese and allow to melt slightly. Add a handful of chopped chives and serve immediately.
- Enjoy -