Recipe - Leftover Potato Hash
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, chopped
3 or 4 slices unsmoked bacon, roughly chopped
6 - 8 leftover roast potatoes, cut into cubes
200g of leftover cooked veg (kale, green beans, red peppers)
75g smoked cheddar, grated
salt & pepper to season
2 or 3 large free-range eggs
1. Heat a little olive oil in an an ovenproof skillet or pan on medium heat.
2. Add the onions and allow to cook for a couple of minutes, before adding the garlic and bacon.
3. Fry for a couple of minutes allowing the edges of the bacon to start to crisp up, before adding the potatoes. Turn up the heat a little and cook for a couple of minutes.
4. Add the cooked veg, season with salt and pepper and cook for a few more minutes.
5. Add the grated cheese and mix through before removing from the heat.
6. Make sure the hash is spread evenly across the base of the pan.
7. Carefully crack 2 eggs on top of the dish before transferring to a preheated oven (190c / 170c fan) and cook for 8 minutes, or until the egg whites have set.
8. Serve immediately!