Recipe - Leftover chocolate cake
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 300g broken chocolate (can be mix of dark, white or plain chocolate, even Easter eggs)
- 125g butter
- 150g golden syrup
- 75g raisins
- 75g mixed nuts, roughly chopped
- To decorate: a mixture of leftover treats
- Use parchment paper to line a rectangular dish or tin, leaving extra hanging over the side and then set aside.
- Next, place the biscuits in a bag and crush them with a rolling pin and then set aside.
- Place a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Add the broken chocolate, golden syrup and butter. Carefully stir until they have melted together.
- Remove the bowl from the heat.
- Add in the broken biscuits, raisins and the chopped nuts.
- Stir well to completely coat everything.
- Transfer to the paper-lined dish or tin, using a wooden spoon to push the mixture into all the corners.
- Sprinkle sweeties over the top before placing in a fridge to cool for 2-3 hours.
- Using the edges of the parchment paper, lift and transfer to a board and cut into slices. Serve and enjoy!
- Enjoy -