Recipe - Lamb, Spinach and Feta Pie
- 250g pack phyllo pastry (you will have some leftover)
- 75g butter (melted)
- 200g roast leg of lamb, sliced finely chopped
- 1 large or 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 200g spinach leaves
- 150g Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- zest of 1 lemon
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to season
- Heat a little olive oil in a large non-stick pan on medium heat. Add the onions and soften for a few minutes, before adding the garlic, oregano and mint. Fry on low-medium heat for 2 minutes to allow the onion to soften.
- Add the pieces of chopped lamb, and then season well with salt and pepper.
- Add the spinach in batches, allowing it to wilt slowly. Finish with the fresh parsley and lemon zest. Stir well and then remove from heat and set aside.
- Layer 2 sheets of phyllo pastry into an ovenproof dish, allowing the edges to fall over the sides. Using a pastry brush, brush all around the base and sides with melted butter. Repeat the process two times, so that you have 6 layers of pastry in total.
- Fill with the lamb and spinach mixture, and then sprinkle the crumbled Feta across the top.
- Bring the sides in and brush the top of the pastry with melted butter.
- Cook in a preheated oven (180c / 160c Fan) for 45 minutes - 1 hour, until the Feta is melted and the pastry is golden. Serve with this tasty dish with a fresh tomato salad.
- Enjoy -