Recipe - Easy-peasy banana muffins
125g salted butter
150g caster sugar
190g self-raising flour
1 egg, beaten
3 ripe bananas, mashed
Large handful of chopped nuts of chocolate chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/150C fan and line a muffin tin with cake cases.
2. Melt together the sugar and butter in a saucepan, then remove from the heat and add the banana and egg. Mix well.
3. Add the flour to the wet mixture, then add the milk. Stir until well combined.
4. Transfer the mixture to a measuring jug to make it easier to pour into the cases, then fill each one up about two-thirds of the way, leaving room for the cakes to rise.
5. If using, press some chocolate or chopped nuts into the centre of each cake.
6. Bake for around 12-15 minutes, or until the cakes turn golden brown and a cocktail stick inserted into the middle comes out clean (except for any melted chocolate!)
7. Transfer to a cooling rack or enjoy warm from the oven.
- Enjoy -