Recipe - Christmas Spiced Swede
- 450 g (1lb) swede, peeled and cut into chunks
- 15 g (½oz) butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Boil the swede in a large pan of salted water for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Drain and leave to steam dry in the colander for 2min.
- Melt the butter in the same pan and gently fry the shallot for 2-3min.
- Add ginger and a little nutmeg. Cook for 1min.
- Remove from heat and add swede, mash roughly.
- Garnish with extra grated nutmeg.
- Enjoy -